THE BEST BLACK METAL ALBUMS OF 2022



I decided to do this post in a lazy way. I used the app everybody is using these days in order to make the collage and the list respectively. Honestly, I didn't have the intention to publish any list - neither BM/DM, nor AOTY.  I have always stated - in general, it's been a mediocre year for my beloved music, with few releases that really have the staying power. Therefore it is not easy to pick equally good/bad albums...

As usual, I'm listing the albums that I enjoyed the most and that I listened to the most in this already-gone year. Most of the releases were part of my monthly tops throughout 2022 on this blog. 

Remember, the list is not in a particular order, however, I have a softer spot for some of the releases than for others.

Listing my favorite BM albums wasn't an easy task for another reason - the mixing of the genres these days. I tried to put in this list BM albums that are closest to the understanding of the genre, so names like White Ward, D666, Goatwhore, Sisyphean, Belphegor, Behemoth, Nihilvm, etc., are not present in this list. And as usual, I feel I missed albums in this list that deserved to be there. It is what it is. I'm sure you, my dear reader, will remind me about the omissions. 

I believe it's a pretty enjoyable list overall. Enjoy!

Here's the list according to the collage:

Drudkh - All Belong to the Night

Djevel - Naa skrider natten sort

Förgjord - Ruumissaarna Pt. 1

Festung - Der Turm

Wędrujący Wiatr - Zorzysta Staje Oćma

Gevurah - Gehinnom

Firtan - Amor Fati


Imha Tarikat - Hearts Unchained - At War With A Passionless World

Moonlight Sorcery - Piercing Through the Frozen Eternity

Moonlight Sorcery - Nightwind: The Conqueror from the Stars

Watain - The Agony & Ecstasy of Watain

Runespell - Sentinels of Time

Vanum - Legend

Aūkels - Ebwaidilīsnā


Aara - Triade II: Hemera

Ultha - All That Has Never Been True

Acherontas - Malocchio - The Seven Tongues of Daemon

Hate Forest - Innermost

Moribund Dawn - Dark Mysteries of Time & Eternity

Wiegedood - There's Always Blood at the End of the Road

In Twilight's Embrace - Lifeblood


Vorga - Striving Toward Oblivion

Haunter - Discarnate Ails

svrm - Червів майбутня здобич

Dark Funeral - We Are the Apocalypse

BAD MANOR - The Haunting

Tómarúm - Ash In Realms Of Stone Icons

Piołun - Rzeki Goryczy


Krallice - Crystalline Exhaustion

Lunar Spells - Demise of Heaven

Olhava - Reborn

Stangarigel - Na Severe Srdca

Deathspell Omega - The Long Defeat

Nechochwen - Kanawha Black

Primordial Serpent - Kingdom of Darkness and Despair


BÂ'A - Egregore

Wake - Thought From Descent

Ashes - Gloom, Ash and Emptiness to the Horizon

Misþyrming - Með hamri

Te Ruki - Marako Te Ruki

Vimur - Transcendental Violence

    Ateiggär - Tyrannemord



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2023