COUNT VLAD'S AOTY 2022

 



The final list. The Album of the Year 2022 list. 

Personally, it's been a very tough year, with terrible events, very hard moments, battles, and changes. 

Musically it's been a mediocre year. I bearly compiled this present list, featuring the albums that I liked the most and listened to the most. It's based on emotions, as usual. Some of the names are pretty clear - if you are following me on social media, you know. For the others, I had to look deep back at the previous months' lists and memories, and consider whether I liked them really, to what extent, or whether I had preferred something else. It's been an abundant year in terms of releases. Quantity, not quality. No real stand-out albums that leave a solid impression and will last in time. You all know my bragging, so no change. I'm the grumpy pretentious mainstream hipster elitist poser that hates the world circus. 

I still keep on buying vinyl, but not with the speed and in quantities I used to. It became a very expensive hobby, didn't it? Owning/not owning a physical copy is not a criterion for being part of the AOTY list! Especially for the country I live in! Also, this doesn't mean I'm not supporting the underground and the artists. I do, but who's gonna support me? #vinyladdict.

In the meantime, I made my Black Metal 2022 selection and Death Metal 2022 selection and you can check them both if you still haven't done it yet in order to get acquainted with my fav genres and what I liked there. 

So let's make the long story short. Here's my AOTY 2022 list. In particular order for this particular moment in time. 36 because it looked well on a collage, and honestly - because I barely listed and considered so much for this list. If you don't remember something, then it is irrelevant... I'm still not sure and not much convinced with the list, despite all my efforts to compile it. (I still couldn't find a place for Meshuggah for example). What am I going to carry with me into the future? Not much of this list I guess...

You know where to find links to the releases, they are on all streaming platforms. The collage above shows the albums' artwork accordingly. 

Goodbye, 2022! RIP, Dad...

  • 1. Skull Fist - Paid in Full
  • 2. Evil Invaders - Shattering Reflection
  • 3. Suede - Autofiction
  • 4. Drudkh - All Belong to the Night
  • 5. Djevel - Naa skrider natten sort
  • 6. Förgjord - Ruumissaarna Pt. 1

  • 7. Sumerlands - Dreamkiller
  • 8. Greg Puciato - Mirrorcell
  • 9. Saxon - Carpe Diem
  • 10. Deströyer 666 - Never Surrender
  • 11. Festung - Der Turm
  • 12. Moonlight Sorcery - Piercing Through the Frozen Eternity

  • 13. Kardashev - Liminal Rite
  • 14. Gevurah - Gehinnom
  • 15. Firtan - Marter
  • 16. Cult of Luna - The Long Road North
  • 17. Hangman's Chair - Cold & Distant
  • 18. Goatwhore - Death from Above

  • 19. Temple of Void - Summoning the Slayer
  • 20. Nite - Voices of the Kronian Moon
  • 21. Razor - Cycle Of Contempt
  • 22. Hellish - The Dance of the Four Elemental Serpents
  • 23. Obvurt - Triumph Beyond Adversity
  • 24. Decapitated - Cancer Culture

  • 25. Sakis Tolis - Among the Fires of Hell-(Full album)
  • 26. Dark Funeral - We Are the Apocalypse
  • 27. Kreator - Hate Über Alles
  • 28. Arch Enemy - Deceivers
  • 29. Wolfheart - King Of The North
  • 30. Wędrujący Wiatr - Zorzysta Staje Oćma

  • 31. AARA - Triade II : Hemera
  • 32. Imha Tarikat - Hearts Unchained - At War With A Passionless World
  • 33. Watain - The Agony & Ecstasy of Watain
  • 34. Ultha - All That Has Never Been True
  • 35. White Ward - False Light
  • 36. Sisyphean - Colours of Faith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2023