MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2024


Here comes the flood again. Drowning. Erasing everything on its way. Ladies and gentlemen, the release schedule is at its finest. September 2024 was crazy, literally in every aspect - personal and musical. This time I decided to make this list a little bit different. Because, why not? September was all about black metal. So many black metal releases were out in the past month. Some of them quickly won my heart. That's why I split this list into two parts - The Black Metal of 2024 and The Other of September 2024. It is not that one is superior to the other, but it is more excessive. I know it is exhausting and it looks quite unprofessional not to manage everything in one whole list, but then I was going to land with a very very long list this time. 

By the way, did I mention, that I listened to many of klassiks again, being tired of the flood? 

I am going to start with my biggest disappointment - the new Unto Others album. It is nowhere as good as their previous works. Soulless, plastic, emotionless, typical for a band that just got a deal with a big label that squeezes out everything in a rush for commercial success. I mean, most of the Century Media releases are shit.

My album of the month: Groza - Nadir. The band is a typical rep of the current AOP rooster, distancing itself away from Mgla musical associations for the sake of Harakiri For The Sky. I wished they stayed closer to Mgla of course. The album is a safe territory but it is good and it moved me, it touched me. This is a rarity nowadays. So here it is. 

Here are both parts of my September list of the finest releases of the month. Let me know.

THE BLACK METAL OF SEPTEMBER 2024

Besides Groza, Agrypnie and Horna were some of my most listened to, and then at the end of the month Concilum and Warlust appeared. Warlust is the big surprise here. It is an absolute fire! Firtan surely requires some more listening until it reveals what it has to reveal.  Abglanz, Dreamless Veil, Odium Humani Generis, Arkona... I mean the black metal was very strong this month.

Of course, Kanonenfieber will never enter into this list. God Dethroned was weak too. And yes, I don't like Terrestrial Hospice because of the Behemoth ties. Oh well...


GROZA - Nadir  (Bandcamp)
WARLUST - Sol Invictvs In Vmbrae Satanae (Bandcamp)
AGRYPNIE - Erg (Bandcamp)
HORNA - Nyx (Hymnejä yölle) (Spotify)

CONCILIUM - Evangelium (Bandcamp)
FIRTAN - Ethos (Bandcamp)
ABGLANZ - Dawn of Eternal Existence (Bandcamp)
WINTERFYLLETH - The Imperious Horizon (Bandcamp)

DREAMLESS VEIL - Every Limb of the Flood (Bandcamp)
DEATHLESS VOID - The Voluptuous Fire Of Sin (Bandcamp)
ODIUM HUMANI GENERIS - Mi​ę​dzyczas (Bandcamp)
ARKONA - Stella Pandora (Bandcamp)

SERVANT - Death Devil Magick (Bandcamp)
ISOLERT - Wounds of Desolation (Bandcamp)
MAGNETAR - There Will Be No Peace In My Valley (Bandcamp)
AETHYRICK - Death Is Absent (Bandcamp)

ÆVANGELIST - Perdition Ekstasis Meta (Bandcamp)
FÖRGJORD - Perkeleen Weri (Bandcamp)

THE OTHER OF SEPTEMBER 2024

The Others - it doesn't mean they are less important, it is just a mixture of genres and bands. It makes a whole separate list with excellent albums, a separate universe. These are my choices of the September releases that fit me best. Huge ones among them, that deserve a lot of attention and soul. Chain Cult heals the wound from the new Unto Others. Zetra - so 80s! Coffin Rot brings back the filthy modern US death metal that bloomed 3-5 years ago and I was already missing. Ripped To Shreds shreds as usual and Wolfbrigade and Bewitcher roll in speed. 

Maybe I overlooked something in this part. Too many releases happened indeed. I wished to like others more and include them in my monthly rankings as well (Satan for example). There is no place and time, right? I recommend checking the below selection carefully though. 



CHAIN CULT - Harm Reduction (Bandcamp)
COFFIN ROT - Dreams of the Disturbed (Bandcamp)
RIPPED TO SHREDS - Sanshi (Bandcamp)
WOLFBRIGADE - Life Knife Death (Bandcamp)

BEWITCHER - Spell Shock (Bandcamp)
MARCHE FUNÈBRE - After the Storm (Bandcamp)
THE FLIGHT OF SLEIPNIR  - Nature's Cadence (Bandcamp)
INVOCATION - The Archaic Sanctuary (Ritual Body Postures) (Bandcamp)

ZETRA - Zetra (Bandcamp)
FATHER BEFOULED - Immaculate Pain (Bandcamp)
THORIUM - The Bastard (Bandcamp)
OFFICIUM TRISTE - Hortus Venenum (Bandcamp)

FLOTSAM AND JETSAM - I Am the Weapon (Spotify)
WOLFHEART - Draconian Darkness (Spotify)
PSYCHLONA - Warped Vision (Bandcamp)
PYRRHON - Exhaust (Bandcamp)

WEATHER SYSTEMS - Ocean Without A Shore (Bandcamp)
GLACIAL TOMB - Lightless Expanse (Bandcamp)
THE JESUS LIZARD - Rack (Bandcamp)
DAVID GILMOUR - Luck and Strange (Spotify)

That's it, folks! See you next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP 20 OF JANUARY 2024