MY TOP 20 FOR AUGUST 2020

Too many new albums happened in August. And there were too many good albums released. The below list represents some of my most listened to albums during the month. However, I realized one thing most recently - a lot of the albums which I didn't like before, now turn to be growers upon revisit. Therefore many of the released albums in August may potentially be a part of this list on a later stage. Mind you that only on 28 August, there were over 60 new albums released... Yes, I couldn't listen to all. 

I won't include honorable mentions or mandatory bonus here, there are too many. I take notes in a black notebook about what's in rotation, and what is growing. Now, just straight to 20 albums with variety in styles and genres, in no particular order. Except one - Flowers of Evil is my untouchable No.1 for August!

ULVER - Flowers of Evil 
Release Date: 28 August

So emotional. Nostalgic. Painful. So me. My AOTY so far.

TERMINAL NATION - Holocene Extinction
Release Date: 7 August

One of my most-played records in August. I really liked the heaviness and the emotions in it. The combination of death metal and hard core is explosive!
ATRAMENTUS - Stygian
Release Date: 21 August

The best funeral procession of the recent years.

INHA TARIKAT - Sternenberster
Release Date: 6 August

This band is of its own kind, and their reading of BM is so emotional, uplifting.
SELBST - Relatos De Angustia
Release Date: 7 August

Dark. 
Tร–XIC DEATH - Sepulchral Demons
Release Date: 21 August

Blackened thrash from Norway that pumps up the blood. So good!

PRIMITIVE MAN - Immersion
Release Date: 14 August

Slow, deep, and hard could possibly describe the best this band and album. Ok let's add crushingly heavy
ROPE SECT - The Great Flood
Release Date: 14 August

Enjoy the darkness and the emotions of death.
BRIMSTONE COVEN - The Woes of Mortal Earth
Release Date: 21 August

As with their previous, Brimstone Coven are delivering one of the best stoner doom albums. 

OVER THE VOIDS... - Hadal
Release Date: 28 August

One-man BM band, feat the multi-instrumentalist The Fall, playing live in MGLA and in Medico Peste...

INGESTED - Where Only Gods May Tread
Release Date: 14 August

Sick and brutal, as what Ingested do best.

INCANTATION - Sect of Vile Divinities
Release Date: 21 August

I'm not a big Incantation fan, but this one I really liked. 
ALEYNMORD - The Blinding Light
Release Date: 28 August

Emotions in isolation. Painful BM and post-black from the duo. 
DRAINBOW - The Tower of Flints
Release Date: 7 August

Not for everybody. Requires patience and attention. Then it pays off and reveals its beauty.
VERIKYYNELEET - Ilman Koulemaa
Release Date: 21 August

This Finish bands have been around for ages but just now they released their debut. It is underground. It is cold BM. Lonely synths here and there make the atmosphere freezing. 
WILLS DISSOLVE - Echoes
Release Date: 28 August

One track, 31 minutes in which all the moods and feelings are represented in order to create an experience. 

ARS MAGNA UMBRAE - Apotheosis
Release Date: 28 August

The more I listened, the more I drowned into this record. It definitely requires attention and a certain mood, because it is not the typical easy-listen atmospheric BM.
VICIOUS RUMORS - Celebration Decay
Release Date: 21 August

I was surprised by how good this album sounds. Very good job by the veterans.

NECROT - Mortal
Release Date: 28 August

Everybody went crazy about this album. For me it is just OK, nothing extraordinary. However, I put it in this list, just because I know I'll be listening to it more in the upcoming months, in order to find the spark which everybody sees. I may not too.
0 (Nรบll) - Entity
Release Date: 28 August

Iceland is offering heavy AF black doom.







Thank you for trusting my choices! Enjoy great metal and support the Underground!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2023