MY TOP 15 FOR AUGUST 2019


August was excellent month (finally), full of very good releases. I listened to a lot of albums and discovered new bands during the month. My list below was easily compiled. Still, I have the feeling that I missed some good releases during the month. I'm catching up as much as possible, but the pile is just growing and growing.

So here they are, my top 15 albums released in August. As always, some just didn't make it, others simply didn't deserve.

SACRED REICH - Awakening
Released date: 23 August 2019

I didn't expect SACRED REICH to return so strong! With nod to the good old times - the 80s, Awakening is an excellent thrash album. Especially in times when the pure traditional thrash is almost dead and can't offer so many new interpretations.

WITCH VOMIT - Buried Deep in a Bottomless Grave
Release Date: 30 August 2019

Awesome record. I'll state it - so much better than Tomb Mold's new album...

VOLBEAT - Rewind, Replay, Rebound
Release Date: 2 August 2019

Volbeat's new album is so much better than their 2016's pop record. Some of the tracks simply return to their best years. I enjoyed very much this album. And I love Volbeat for ages...

MYLINGAR -  Döda Själar
Release Date: 2 August 2019

The monthly suffocation. It is devastating and suffocating, as always.



SUICIDAL ANGELS - Years Of Aggression 
Release Date: 9 August 2019

I didn't expect that Years of Aggression will offer so good thrash. (again back to my Sacred Reich write up above). But here it is, unexpectedly good work by the Greeks.

DESTRUCTION - Born To Perish
Release Date: 9 August 2019

Third thrash record in my list?! Despite being in the absolute thrash/Destruction alley, adding the second guitarist somehow refreshed the sound and the overall feeling. For the sake of good old times!


WARCRAB - Damned In Endless Night
Release Date: 30 August 2019

Heavy AF. Great tunes, very good death metal with sludgy riffs!
MISERTUS - Daydream
Release Date; 4 August 2019

Discovered thanks to my brother in arms the Trve Medvson. Excellent Atmospheric Black Metal which was a big part of my summer holidays on the seaside. (so appropriate!)
ENTOMBED A.D. - Bowels of Earth
Relase Date: 30 August 2019

Bowels of Earth was another surprise. Very very strong uncompromising OSDM from the Swedes. Like in the beginning of the 90s. Bravo to LGP and his gang!

ETERNAL STORM - Come the Tide
Release Date: 23 August 2019

Fantastic melodic DM coming from Spain. Emotional, heavy, melancholic, intense, overwhelming...so many nuances, combining many patterns and genres.
TOTENWACHE - Der Schwarze Hort
Release Date: 11 August 2019

The regular post-black contender in the monthly list. Independent band with great potential.

CEREBRAL ROT - Odious Descent Into Decay
Release Date: 16 August 2019

Very good debut by Cerebral Rot, highly expected. Top-notch DM!

IMPERIUM DEKADENZ - When We Are Forgotten
Release Date: 30 August 2019

Oh my, oh my! When we are forgotten entered in my list in the very last moment, in order NOT to be forgotten. It is a great black metal album with melody, tempo, tremolos, feel and touch. It really blew my mind and definitely will be in the upper part of my AOTY list...


WRAITH - Aboslute Power
Release Date: 16 August

FFO Hellripper, Bewitcher, Grave Violator, Hammr etc...


BASTARD GRAVE - Diorama of Human Suffering
Release Date: 16 August

Crushing DM by the Swedish quintet. Highly recommended if you are into the contemporary heavy AF DM wave comining mostly from US.






Now comes the regular question - what did I miss? What is your list?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST FOR MAY 2023 (Expanded)