My Top 10 for February 2018

February just passed very quickly and again it is time to list down my top 10 for the month. I witnessed very good releases this month and of course it was a bit difficult to chose. Below is a list of ten records released in February (in no particular order) which grabbed most seriously my attention, and another three "bonus" which had been released in the end January, but I played a lot in February.
Let's go for the fatal 13!

Galvanizer - Sanguine Vigil

Definitely most played record for the month. I had the pleasure to listen to it earlier before the release date in order to review it for Blessed Altar Zine. The heaven for all the die-hards for a klassik Scandinavian death metal with blasting grind moments. 






Harakiri For The Sky - Arson

Another gem in the amazing discography of this super-talented post-black band. Still, for me personally it can't top Trauma but it shows that the duo is growing and finding their sound of desperation...






HAMMR - Unholy Destruction

This album is absolute fire. Also among my reviews for the Zine. Galloping blackened speed, thrash and punk. Never-ending destruction.






The Atlas Moth - Coma Noir

Fantastic forth album by The Atlas Moth. Atmospheric sludge/stoner on highest level. I'm very much impressed by the latest effort of the band!







Ataraxy - Where All Hope Fades

Crushing, heavy, brutal, twisted new album by the Spanish death metalers. 








Horizon Ablaze - The Weight Of A Thousand Suns

Third album by the progressive black/death trio from Norway. Gojira meet Enslaved meet Mastodon? Horizon Ablaze create their own world and this is a masterpiece.







Human Serpent - For I, The Misanthropist

What a black metal album! The Greeks deliver finest black extreme misanthropy.








On Thorns I Lay - Aegian Sorrow

Melancholic, atmospheric doom/death full of ancient wisdom and sorrow. The style I love a lot. The Greeks show how it must be done with this record.







Necrophobic - Mark Of The Necrogram

30 years after their beginning, the Swedes are still killing it. Death/black metal of its finest.  Devastating!








Voodoo Circle - Raised On Rock 

Beyrodt and Sinner means high quality hard rock! Another great (new) record by the band with a tiny nostalgic taste...The only 'softer' contender in my February list, well-deserved!







BONUS:

Grievance - Pilar, Pedra e Faca

Atmospheric black metal from Portugal. The band reminded me about some my favourite klassiks from the mid 90s. Very diverse song structures, transcending into ancient obscure worlds and landscapes.

You can check my review for Blessed Altar Zine here

Alastor - ...The Dark Tower...

Another Portuguese band, veterans, who are celebrating their 30th anniversary with this album. Kicking and playing black metal exactly the way it was done when it appeared in the 80s.

Read here my review of Alastor's new album for Blessed Altar Zine


Rotheads - Sewer Fiends

Surprising death metal of high quality coming from Romania. Dark, obscure, miserable, crushing. And that hallucinating solo guitar!...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2023