30 metal albums that turn 30 in 2018


1988 is a very interesting year, especially after 1987 which has a fantastic harvest of releases. They are carrying that feeling or the following change in the heavy music, but still they have this so 80's spirit as well. Still nostalgic, mostly hard'n'heavy and thrashy, and yet already polished and refined, including some new elements and sounding. The death metal and the grunge still to come... In 2018 those '88 albums turn the awesome 30 years of age. As since many things are said in details, I'm not going to put any description. This is a simple list in which I suggest my personal 30, which stands in time. These albums have had major influence on me and played important role in my metal collection. And still they have and kick ass.
My first '88 album recorded was Kings of metal by Manowar, in March 1990. It is still among the most beloved albums by all the fans of heavy music. For me it is a groundbreaking record. My favourite is ...And justice for all because of my pure worship for the band. Mortal way of life by Sodom is a live album, but still it is there because it was the first album by the band which I heard and also played important role for digging into heavier spectrum of the music.
For basis of this 30 at 30 I use a random list which I made some time ago. This is why the list has more or less some order, but not exact as if I really must qualify the albums, especially mid to bottom. On and on the albums may interchange depending on mood etc.


Metallica
..And justice for all
Slayer
South of heaven
Kind Diamond
Them
Megadeth
So far so good
Death
Leprosy
Running wild
Port royal
Helloween
Keeper 2
Sodom
Mortal way of life
Anthrax
State of euphoria
Coroner
Punishment for decadence
Iron Maiden
Seventh son
Nuclear Assault
Survive
Manowar
Kings of metal
Judas Priest
Ram it down
Cinderella
Long cold winter
Lita Ford
Lita
Celtic Frost
Cold lake
Testament
New order
Scorpions
Savage amusement
DRI
4 of a kind
Suicidal Tendencies
How will I laugh tomorrow…
Queensryche
Operation mindcrime
Napalm Death
From enslavement to obliteration
Candlemass
Ancient dreams
Bathory
Blood fire death
Flotsam and Jetsam
No place for disgrace
Bolt Thrower
In battle there is no law
Pestilence
Malleus maleficarum
Voivod
Dimension hatröss
Yngwie Malmsteen
Odyssey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2023