MY TOP 15 FOR JUNE 2019

I have to admit it - June was weaker than expected. Besides some of the new albums, I was listening mostly to older stuff. Initially I thought it would be very hard to compose the list below. Then it turned very easy, because of the standing out quality of these 15 from all the rest albums which I listened in the past month. Yes, and few more, which didn't make it to the 15. Well, it seems it is mostly death metal month?
Well, Memoriam was definitely the album of the month; the rest are in no particular order. However, some other really good DM albums were released and the my monthly list quickly was filled in. As usual, couple of HM albums crawled in. More than usually, actually. And yes, there are NO albums in my list from the 28 June release stack.

MEMORIAM - Requiem For The Mankind
Release Date: 21 June 2019

Excellent third album. Tight, heavy, with some great haunting solos. Great production.



FETID - Steeping Corporeal Mess
Release Date: 7 June 2019

Yes, there's always this kind of Oregon-ish DM release in the month. The guys are from Seattle but are bringing destruction.
GRAVEFIELDS - Embrace The Void
Release Date: 7 June 2019

High quality DM. Very high quality! This is superb release!


GYGAX - High Fantast
Release Date: 21 June 2019

Heavy metal is the law. Melodic and catchy, Gygax surprised me. I didn't expect to like this album before listening. But here it is in my top 15.
ABYSSAL - A Beacon In The Husk
Release Date: 21 June 2019

Suffocating, oppressing, decaying.



WINTER ETERNAL - Realm of the Bleeding Shadows
Release Date: 1 June 2019

FFO of early Dimmu Borgir, meaning ME. Even the cover art reminds of For All Tid. Great atmospheric BM from Greece. One man band...




LUNAR SHADOW - The Smokeless Fires
Release Date: 21 June 2019

Heavy metal is the law! I wasn't a fan of their previous. This one is so much better for me. Lacking all the BS epicness, now it's more traditional HM with very good melody.

OLD FOREST - Black Forests of Eternal Doom
Release Date: 21 June 2019

Black, death, doom, harsh and clean vocals, heavy and melancholic parts...FFO early Anathema, My Dying Bride, Katatonia, Paradise Lost...


VULTURE - Ghastly Waves & Battered Graves
Release Date: 7 June 2019

Heavy metal is the law! Old school AF, but we all know this!




TEMPLE KOLUDRA - Seven! Sirens! To the Lost Archetype
Release Date: 14 June 2019

There was something mystical which got me into this record. Great BM with ambient elements and enough aggression.
HATE MANIFESTO - Herald of Triumph EP
Release Date: 24 June 2019

10/10, always! Read my review for Blessed Altar Zine here


NERVOCHAOS - Ablaze
Release Date: 6 June 2019

What a DM from Brazil! With old school feel.
BARONESS - Gold & Grey
Release Date: 14 June 2019

Actually it is a grower...



PANZERFAUST - Suns of Perdition - Chapter I: War, Horrid War
Release Date: 14 June 2019

The war ain't over! So much is happening in this BM album. Nightmarish reality of war and hallucinations in 5 tracks...



FIRESPAWN - Abominate
Release Date: 7 June 2019

Should we be surprised? It is just what the monsters of DM do best - create quality OSDM.







What did I miss? Let me know!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2023