MY TOP 10 FOR AUGUST 2018

It is that time of the month again. The time when I draw the line and select my top list from the releases which happened in the past 30 days.
August wasn't that active (yeah it was summertime; parties and sun; WTF?!! - it's metal ffs!), but still some very fine albums saw the world. I'll do my best to list those ten, which made me serious impression and made my month a better one. Really not much into the Underground this time... :-(
I leave here the condition that I haven't given a proper listen to all the new albums which slipped through the very last day of August - the 31st.
So let's start.

I begin with something which was released on 30 July but it is mandatory here!

THE MOOR - Jupiter's Immigrants
Release Date: 30 July

A close friend of mine made me listen to this album. OMG! Thank you! This is really like a shot of life. Huge reminder for To/Die/For with almost invisible tone of Soilwork here and there (vocals). Definitely a fantastic release, which easily can be listened over and over again.


Void Rot - Consumed By Oblivion
Release Date: 3 August

Crushing EP by the US death metallers. My thoughts on it - in my review for Blessed Altar Zine here




HAUNT - Burst Into Flame
Release Date: 10 August

Thanks God that there are bands like Haunt, keeping the metal alive. Everything about this album - in my review for Blessed Altar Zine



THE ETERNAL - Waiting For Endless Dawn
Release Date: 18 August

Now, this is a surprise for me. Found by chance, I wonder how I have missed this band. Gorgeous doom with gothic nuances. A great reminiscence for the 90s...



CARNATION - Chapel Of Abhorence
Release Date: 17 August

Dismember + Grave = Carnation. Say no more! CRUSHING!!!
BORN TO MURDER THE WORLD - The Infinite Mirror of Millennial Narcisim
Release Date: 24 August

15 minutes of pure classy grindcore madness!

PRIMAL FEAR - Apocalypse
Release Date: 10 August

Another very good record by Primal Fear. Never to disappoint. Just quality!


PARASITE INC. - Dead And Alive
Release Date: 17 August

Melodic and catchy, new Parasite Inc. record is easy listen and it was very enjoyable in the hot August at the seaside!

FORMING THE VOID - Rift
Release Date: 17 August

Because of my love for psych/stoner/dooooommm

RADIANT KNIFE - Science Fiction
Release Date: 18 August

Progressive Indy Sludge. Not for everybody. However the true music fans will appreciate it. My interview for Blessed Altar Zine with the guys is here






Bonus Tracks

OMNIUM GATHERUM - The Burning Ground
Release Date: 31 August

Polished enough, melodic enough, OG just do what they do best. The album is good to listen. Caught me instantly. Not praising too much, just another quality Finnish melodic death metal easy to listen in the busy day.
INNUMERABLE FORMS - Punishment In Flesh
Release Date: 17 August

Massive death metal. Prevailing slow parts. Just skull crushing and bones smashing. So fkn heavy! Just loved it instantly. Simply because the band has the potential of the caliber of monsters like Spectral Voice, Tomb Mold, Acended Dead or Triumvir Foul for example.
Mandatory!




If I have missed something, well it is a normal situation with so much music out there these day. If I find something else which has been released on 31 August and deserves high praise, I'll just add here. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2023