MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2026
This actually might be one of my last posts here. I am definitely considering a new domain and a new hosting platform. This Witness to my metal experiences over the last years deserves a better place. I need a new plot of land where I can continue building up and preserving this subculture. Stay tuned. I just wanted to start this way; now back to September 2026. The month was rich in new releases, but overall pedestrian in quality. Below, I listed 30+ records selected from the big pile that made the strongest impression. I am going to take a few of them with me ahead of time, though. The rest will stay in this moment in time, the very busy month of September 2026.
Only on the last Friday of the month, there were 148 albums officially released. I will always keep on saying - what for? It is way to much, and I really can't check, listen to, and enjoy everything that is out properly. Maybe there are albums that I didn't pay enough attention to, but they deserve to be on this list.
Album of the month, of course, is Cursum Perficio by Anthrax. It can't be any other way. It sounds tired on one side, but on the other it does sound fresh and clean in the pile of turd...I keep saying we have to enjoy to the fullest all the klassik bands that still deliver music. In this respect, Accept released a compilation album this month for their 50th anniversary.
Hajduk delivered just like this the most autumn album you are going to hear this autumn - sad, melancholic neo-folk featuring lyrics by some of the most popular Bulgarian poets. Superb albums by the following bands in the list below as well: Fluisteraars, Windswept, Acausal Intrusion, Krallice, Nail By Nail, Archgoat, Old Ruins, Whrflurch, etc. Right, I enjoyed these ones.
I was caught by surprise by the new Game Over and even Harlott at the thrash end. Taurus delivered two more albums this year, this month with Fellwinter and Gauntlet Ring. Godflesh's tenth and penultimate studio album, Decay, also dropped.
Oh, the new single by Evil Invaders, Dreamstate, is just fkn awesome, and I can't wait for the album...
Here's the enhanced, enlarged, too long, unprofessional list with my choices for the finest albums released in September 2026. October is already here, so the flood is coming once again...
Outro: the closing of Floods by Pantera
ANTHRAX - Cursum Perficio (Spotify)
HAJDUK - Мир (Bandcamp)
FLUISTERAARS - Jacht der Mysteriën (Bandcamp)
WINDSWEPT - A Sign of the Cloven Hoof (Bandcamp)
ACAUSAL INTRUSION - Vomit Meditations (Bandcamp)
ARCHGOAT - Nightbringer, Lightbringer (Bandcamp)
KRALLICE - Scour Order (Bandcamp)
NAIL BY NAIL - Internal Inferno (Bandcamp)
OLD RUINS - Mount Arreat (Bandcamp)
THEOSOPHY - Line Before the Event Horizon (Bandcamp)
WHARFLURCH - MYCODEATH AND REBIRTH IN THE OUTER CLUSTERS (Bandcamp)
FILTH - Death Exhibition (Bandcamp)
GAME OVER - When Darkness Falls (Bandcamp)
CH'AHOM - Anthropic Rites Of Sublimation (Bandcamp)
HADOPELAGYAL - Zalmathic Necroichorion (Bandcamp)
HANGING GARDEN - Dream Death (Bandcamp)
FELLWINTER - Writ Black in Blood of Fallen Angels (YouTube)
HARLOTT - Exsequiis (Bandcamp)
GODFLESH - Master and Slave (Bandcamp)
BOÖTES VOID - Panta Rhei (Bandcamp)
PROFECI - Troska (Bandcamp)
KROLOK - Hričov - Súľov - Lietava (Bandcamp)
DAYS OV YORE - The Tale of Vlad Țepeș part 2 (Bandcamp)
VENDANGES - Partie I: La Danse du Souvenir (Bandcamp)
TÖRNEN - Ulv av gammel natt (Bandcamp)
DEATH. VOID. TERROR. - To The Great Monolith III: Rifts (Bandcamp)
GOZU - Gozu VI (Bandcamp)
GAUNTLET RING - Raiders (YouTube)
UNCLE ACID & THE DEADBEATS - Shapes Of Midnight (Bandcamp)
TERRESTRIAL HOSPICE - Omnicide - Chapter I (Bandcamp)
WRATH DIVISION - Cremation Grounds Abyss (Bandcamp)


Comments
Post a Comment