MY TOP 20 FOR MARCH 2020

March 2020. The worst month for mankind for many years. Pandemia.

Too much new music, an abundance of new albums. It was really a challenge to narrow down my list. Why? First of all because of the huge pile, and mostly because there were no real-real standouts. I mean, there are lots of equally good albums (or equally bad?).

I asked myself many times while I was checking the records: which albums and bands would I listen to in a year from now on, or even in on or two months? Which ones will I remember? Which ones will give chills and thrills? Because there are too many releases to which is given so much needless attention...I can say that just because I'm supporting the scene, the underground. The quantity killed quality.

I'm sure my list lacks of many popular albums. Oh well...So here it is the Pandemic list in no specific order - my top 20 choices out of March 2020 release pile + some honorable mentions.

I'm not even in a mood to put a short description and to explain why and what. Those who follow the scene, they know. The others - just go and check these artists and what they put out there. Trust me!

NITE - Darkness Silence Mirror Flames
Release Date: 20 March


MY DYING BRIDE - The Ghost of Orion
Release Date: 6 March 


SOLOTHUS - Realm of Ash and Blood
Release Date: 27 March



ENEPSIGOS - Wrath of Wraths
Release Date: 27 March


TELEPATHY - Burn Embrace
Release Date: 27 March


MEDICO PESTE - ื‘:  The Black Bile
Release Date: 20 March

VELNIAS - Scion of Ether 
Release Date: 27 March
TEMPLE OF VOID - The World That Was
Release Date: 27 March



LUCIFER - III
Release Date: 20 March 



SPECTRAL LORE/MARE COGNITUM - Wanderers Astrology of Nine
Release Date: 13 March


ROTTING KINGDOM - A Deeper Shade of Sorrow
Release Date: 13 March



TULUS - Old Old Death
Release date: 6 March



FLAMMENAAR - Nusitos
Release Date: 13 March
DOPELORD - Sign of the Devil
Release Date: 10 March 



ANGEROT - The Divine Apostate
Release Date: 27 March


SCARAB - Martyrs of the Storm
Release Date: 6 March




WAKE - Devouring Ruin
Release Date: 27 March


SMOULDER - Dream Quest Ends
Release Date: 27 March


UNHOLY DESECRATION - Unholy Hordes
Release Date: 27 March



LYCHGATE - Also Sprach Futura
Release Date: 13 March








Because I'll be coming back to the following, honorable mentions go to them: DEXTER WARD, DISBELIEF, NEXORUM, TETHRA, INHUMAN, SWEVEN.  (Not sure about Code Orange, Viscera, Vredehammer and...Body Count at all :P)

The mandatory bonus track goes to Malokarpatan and their fantastic album Krupinskรฉ Ohne, which I just forgot about while putting the above list:-(


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2023