MY TOP 15 FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Oh, well, February was another month with hits and misses. In general, the year began much weaker in terms of new releases in comparison to the last...let's say two-three years. I was thinking that since I left BAZ, I'm listening to much more softer stuff, and I'm kinda more open to things that I didn't like before or at all.
Of course, I haven't listened to all of the endless piles of new albums coming every month. However, I tried most of the things and here comes my list for February. Let's be honest - some big names released shitty albums again - Sepultura and Annihilator for example. Sylosis and Suicide Silence are very arguable, aren't they? 
Other popular artists delivered unexpectedly good stuff. Like Demons & Wizards, Psychotic Waltz or Archon Angels. As usual, I focused on the UG, where I was able to find some interesting records. 

Honorable mentions
- Kvelertak - I like this album a lot and with Ivar on vocals, they sound pretty better.
- Today Is The Day - unpredictable as always
- Fluisteraars - interesting distorted BM 
- Necrowretch - high-quality death/black. The name of the album says it all! The Ones From Hell.
- YGG - Ukraine always delivers great black metal
- Dark Fortress - I need to spend some more time with this record
- Archon Angel - amazing production and musicianship
- H.E.A.T - great hard rock! 
- King Ritual - my doom/stoner of the month

Might want to check: Sky Forest, Angellore, DzΓΆ-Nga, Hex A.D., Nawaharjan, Mimorium, Witchtower, Primeval Mass, Plague, Suum, Frayle.

Wrapping it up, the below list represents the finest 15 albums released in the month of love and wine.

GODTHRYMM - Reflections
Release Date: 14 February 2020

Absolutely fantastic album! As a fan of 90s Peaceville death/doom greatness. Album of the month most definitely. And I can state that "Reflections" is already on my AOTY 2020 list.

KVAEN - The Funeral Pyre
Release Date: 28 February 2020

Absolute black/speed fire. I had the promo a long time prior to the release of the record so I was able to enjoy it a lot...Lots of heart and soul in this record. Truly amazing!!!
DAEMONS & WIZARDS - III
Release Date: 21 February 2020

Surprise, surprise! I have never ever believed I would like such an album, but here it is. This is an amazing example of how two musicians from bands which I don't like, can make great stuff when they want.

TURIA - Degen van Licht 
Release Date: 14 February

It was the very unique atmosphere and playing which made this album to this list. Dark, bleak and cold.
PSYCHOTIC WALTZ - The God-Shaped Void
Release Date: 14 February

Very strong return by one of the most underrated bands in the history of metal music. Amazing album, memorable, touching.
INTRONAUT - Fluid Existential Inversions
Release Date: 28 February

Being a Mastodon fan, it was obvious that Fluid Existential Inversions would be part of my February list. I'm following the band since their 2015 album, and I must say Intronaut are in awesome shape, delivering some amazing progressiveness.


GOD DETHRONED - Illuminati
Release Date: 7 February 2020

Illuminati sticks immediately, on very first listen.  Great atmosphere. Saw them live this February too, my vinyl is signed and I have pictures with Henri and Jeroen.
THE NIGHT FIGHT ORCHESTRA - Aeromantic
Release Date: 28 February


TNFO can't disappoint. I just love what they are doing. So 80s!
BLAZE OF PERDITION - The Harrowing of Hearts
Release Date: 14 February


Day after day alone we paint the scars
Layer upon layer and brush is the knife
Day after day alone we paint the scars
Layer upon layer and canvas is the heart
STALLION - Slaves of Time
Release Date: 28 February

Still Stallion, and somehow different. Including more hard rock/glam motifs in between the furious riffs. However, the 80s speed worship is here again.

HALLAS - Conundrum
Release Date: 7 February

Take a cosmic journey in order to find peace of mind, peace of soul, and piece of heart. Explore your inner I.


CULT OF FIRE - Moksha
Release Date: 20 February

Infernal Vlad (Death Karma) delivers two great albums with a unique atmosphere at once. Moksha and Nirvana instantly got me. Both entered in this list.
CULT OF FIRE - Nirvana
Release Date: 20 February


NEAERA - Neaera
Release Date: 28 February

Returning after 10 years with this new album, Neaera got me, despite I still hesitate on the vocals. Very powerful melodic death metal.




LUCIFUGE - The One Great Curse
Release Date: 2 February

Very early Bathory, Venom and Motorhead worship. Soaked in fkn speed, darkness, fires and sacrifices black speed metal from the filthy corridors of the UG dungeons. Awesomeness!





Thank you for reading this post and trust in my choices!

Two very late additions to this list. Mandatory!

NIGHT CROWNED - Impius Viam
Release Date: 28 February

Amazing BM. Period.

DROWN - Subaqueous
Release date: 28 February

Tchornobog's main man with a devastating project! Second album from DROWN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2023