MY TOP 15 FOR JULY 2019

I drown into musical indifference in July. I turned back to my fav bands and albums which I love in order to find the spark again. Hardly gathered the 15 albums here to complete this July list. Originally I thought the month will be huge. I was wrong. In this respect, I'm not sure how many of these below will be in rotation till the end of the year, and which of them will appear in my AOTY list.  And I listened to almost every (more important) new release in this month. You get my point, right?
Observations: Another glorious month for death metal. Not the case with the black metal releases. In general, these 15 are quite UG, which makes me happy. A strange list though.


DISOWNING - Human Cattle
Release Date: 12 July 2019

Fantastic death metal. Read my review here




BURIAL REMAINS - Trinity of Deception
Release Date: 12 July 2019

Devastating Dutch OSDM. Fleshcrawl. Read my review here

AEON WINDS - Stormveiled
Release Date: 12 July 2019

If Dimmu Borgir continued to play as they played in 1997 or 1996. Read my review here



DEMIURGON - The Oblivious Lure
Release Date: 8 July 2019

Brutal and technical.







TOMB MOLD - Planetary Clairvoyance 
Release Date: 19 July 2019

Everybody was talking about this album in July. Well, yes, it is good. But that's it.
CHROME WAVES - A Grief Observed
Release Date: 5 July 2019

The title of the album says it all. Grief in black, contemplated, observed, lived.  Read my review here
SERAPH IN TRAVEIL - Lest They Feed Upon Your Soul
Release Date: 12 July 2019

This is a very very strong release by a UG band. Excellent production, compositions, layers of music - BM with symphonic elements, but strong, not cheesy

BATUSHKA - Hospodi
Release Date: 5 July 2019

I really liked this release too. Quite different than the other Батюшка, but enjoyable. This is the music all about at the end of the day.



TORCHE - Admission
Release Date: 12 July 2019

Well, Torche didn't disappoint. A very good release in their field. I enjoyed the album quite a lot.




ROGGA JOHANSSON - An Entrance To The Otherwhere
Release Date: 19 July 2019

Good DM, easy going, in one pattern and proven formula all the way. Which leads to a similarity in the tracks as well as everything else Rogga has done so far. Read my review here
WORMWOOD - Nattarvet
Release Date: 26 July 2019

They did it again. Another epic BM release by Wormwood. Great production and songs.

Glorious!

DESECRESY - Towards Nebulae
Release Date: 26 July 2019

Suffocating!
GYZE - Asian Chaos 
Release Date: 10 July 2019

Wow! Melodic DM from Japan. Reminded me to COB, but so much better!


DRAB MAJESTY - Modern Mirror
Release Date: 12 July 2019

Hell yeah, darkwave/gothic/post-punk/new wave album in my list. Drab Majesty are among the best bands in the genre currently. Awesome, awesome!


CULT OF EXTINCTION - Ritual In The Absolute Absence Of Light
Release Date: 19 July 2019

If you love ESOCTRILIHUM (as I much as I do), then CULT OF EXTINCTION will grab you instantly. Fkn dark, bleak and mystic.








Honorable mentions: likes as Abbath (it is boring), Disentomb, Wormed's  EP, False, Falls of Rauros, Wear Your Wounds, Vagrant etc. couldn't make it into the 15.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST FOR MAY 2023 (Expanded)