MY TOP 15 FOR APRIL 2019


Ok, April was huge. This is already known by all the metal community. Many great releases saw the light during the past month. I was barely keeping it up with checking and listening... Out of the big pile, I list down here the ones I enjoyed the most. That said, I must admit that there were few others which I feel I didn't play enough, or just couldn't make it to the 15. Well, the list is a bit longer. Why? Two EPs are included too. EPs which defined a lot my April - by Hellripper and by Krigere Wolf. This way my top list now consists of 18 releases in total with some bonus... My personal favourite April 2019 releases. You will say I have missed something. For sure I did...
ENJOY THE GREAT MUSIC!


HELLRIPPER - Black Arts & Alchemy EP
Release Date: 5 April 2019

10/10 in my review for Blessed Altar Zine.


INCULTER - Fatal Visions
Release Date: 12 April 2019

So intense and so good. Top notch thrash with blackened motifs.
NONE - Damp Chill of Life
Release Date: 11 April 2019

Chill out Black Metal! Hell yeah! So atmoshperic, so winter, so cold. So mesmerizing...
NUMENOREAN - Adore
Release Date: 12 April 2019


Post-black with great variety. The album consists of so much elements and styles. Fantastic release!
VARGRAV - Reign In Supreme Darkness
Release Date: 26 April 2019

The atmospheric BM as I like it the most. So old school, so raw, so underground and so glorious.



GODS FORSAKEN - Smells of Death
Release Date: 19 April 2019

Because I love OS Swedish DM!
KRIGERE WOLF - Eternal Holocaust EP
Release Date: 1 April 2019

Brutal AF. Reminded me of Hate Manifesto in a way and won me over instantly.


DEAD TO A DYING WORLD - Elegy
Release Date: 19 April 2019

My death doom love and desperation never dies. Violin available...
STVANNYR - Valley of Shadows
Release Date: 15 April 2019

The first full-length by Stvannyr. Superb atmospheric post BM.

LASTER - Het Wassen Oog
Release Date: 5 April 2019

Dark and abyssal on it's own. Laster delivered another masterpiece.



WORMWITCH - Heaven That Dwells Within
Release Date: 5 April 2019

Honestly I didn't expect this album to be so good. It appeared already in many lists for April. I won't be an exception here.






CIRITH GORGOR - Sovereign
Release Date: 5 April

Brutal, fast, with melody and sense. I instantly liked the new album by CG. Very good BM
NECRODEATH - Defragments of Insanity
Release Date: 5 April 2019

Found it by chance. Veterans from Italy. The thrash done right! Many of the big thrash bands should listen to this release and reconsider their current status...


PROTECTOR - Summon The Hordes
Release Date: 26 April

Another excellent return. Protector show how it must be done. Fight me.


MEPHORASH - Shem Ha Mephorash
Release Date: 18 April

Because this album has so much to reveal.






BONUS TRACKS:

BELZEBUBS - Pantheon of the Nightside Gods
Release Date: 26 April 2019

This is how Dimmu Borgir should have sounded...




GARDSGHASTR - Slit Throat Requiem
Release Date: 12 April 2019

Black metaaaaaal



LORD VICAR - The Black Powder
Release Date: 26 April 2019

The DOOM made it right. This is a masterpiece




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2023