MY TOP 10 FOR OCTOBER 2018


October was very hectic. In terms of everything. Including music. So many bands released new records. I admit I listened to some part and to certain extend what was out there. Actually few things made me impression. I list them here. In November I'm going to try to catch up with some of the October albums. For sure I missed some great one.
Few important moments: I was expecting so badly the new Skull Fist in the end of October, but it was such a disappointment. On that same date probably 150 artists released new records. Some big names, which I found disappointing too. (I won't put names here). I guess I must spend some more time with them?
New Unreqvited appeared out of the blue on Bandcamp, with official release date 23 November by the record label. That's why this will be part of my November top list - my love for Unrevqited is well known.
Below is the list which I hardly gathered to be honest. 10 +1 albums, in no particular order, which deserve a good listen...and more.


BEYOND CREATION - Algorithm 
Release Date: 12 October

Definitely among the finest albums of the year so far at all. Technical, melodic, catchy. Probably the best progressive technical DM album.



GOROD - Aethra
Release Date: 

Supporting Beyond Creation on tour, btw.
Because of my love for Gojira...



ICHOR - God of Thunder God of War
Release Date: 3 October

What a BM! Raw, underground and still with heart and soul. I felt I returned to the deep dark 90s in Norway with this album of the Australians.



STRIKER - Play To Win
Release Date:

With the weak ST album from 2016, released after the great Stand in Fire, Striker lost me. However now they are back on the right track. Great new release. Memorable, melodic, songs to sing a long. Amazing. Just on contrary to what my favs Skull Fist did.



ABSTRACT VOID - Back To Reality
Release Date: 29 October

Dream dance, 80s synths and BM vocals...Woaahh! This mix of styles is so good for my nostalgic soul.
GRAMMA VEDETTA - Proof Of Concept
Release Date: 29 October

Great debut. Stoner alternative rock, which grew in me. Mandatory listen on a high quality stereo.






HIGH ON FIRE - Electric Messiah
Release Date: 5 October

Heavy, riffy and lots of thrash and speed inside. Despite of the not that good overall production, I enjoy this record a lot.

My review for Blessed Altar Zine here
CARPE NOCTEM - Vitrun
Release Date: 6 October

Cold, swirling and desolate. Icelandic BM with which should be discovered.

My review for Blessed Altar Zine here
HATE ETERNAL - Upon Desolate Sands
Release Date: 26 October

The usual high quality dose of high quality death metal.



IMPERIALIST - Cipher
Release Date: 20 October

Great melodic sci-fi BM. What?!


OUTRE-TOMBE - Nécrovortex
Release Date: 17 October

OSDM how it must be done. Raw, brutal. Why not to like it?







MANDATORY BONUS TRACK


NECROMANCERS - Of Blood And Wine
Release Date: 5 October 

Feeling very cozy with this doom/stoner release.
*opens a bottle of red wine






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

COUNT VLAD'S AOTY LIST OF 2023

MY TOP 50 DEATH METAL ALBUMS OF 2023

MY TOP LIST OF SEPTEMBER 2023